WE ARE BACK! This is the first year since 2019 that we’ve been able to hold the RFA 5K & Run Run (formerly Running for Answers) in person! Whether you’re attending RFA as an individual or as part of a team, we are so grateful to have you!
This is an inclusive event, meaning the race course is accessible, and any means of ambulation is encouraged! Come enjoy the camaraderie and community, and of course the free cheesesteaks and ice cream.
If you can’t make it to Philadelphia this year, scroll down for a virtual fundraising option!
After registering, you’ll receive an email to “Claim Your Fundraising Page.” Use it to log into your fundraising page and customize it with a fundraising goal, your story and photo. Share this page with your family and friends so that they can support your fundraising efforts.
We welcome you to participate in RFA as an individual, or to create a team to amplify your efforts. The team experience is where it gets really fun. For past live race events we’ve had some incredible teams show up, led by captains who are passionate about finding a cure for desmoid tumors and fundraising for the DTRF. Many choose to unite with team t-shirts and gather on race day in the spirit of celebration and purpose!
Team Captains – As a team captain, click here to start the registration process by creating your team. Your own individual registration is part of that process. Follow along step-by-step.
- Click Register and Create a team.
- Give your team a name, set your team fundraising goals and create a message for your team page.
- Complete the registration process.
- Look for an email to “Claim your Fundraising Page.” Use it to log into your individual fundraising page. This is different from your team page.
- Once you’re logged into your team page, click the Manage button and look for Emails > Recruit new teammates.
- Copy the invite message to paste it into an email to anyone you’d like to invite. We’ve found that email invites are one of the more effective and personal ways to recruit new team members. However, you can also copy the message and send it through text or social media. Ideally, your teammates will join you in person on race day, but we offer virtual fundraising too.
Joining a Team – Team Captains will be sharing links with their potential team members via email, text and social media. If you’ve received a link, skip to Step 3. If you’re part of a team but haven’t received a link, contact your team captain, or use our main Registration link and follow the steps below.
- Click Register, and choose Join a team.
- Look for your team name and choose it in the drop down.
Fill out the form to create your individual fundraising page (this is required even though you’re on a team).
- Complete the registration process.
- Look for an email to “Claim Your Fundraising Page.” Use it to log into your individual fundraising page.
- Customize it with a fundraising goal, your story and photo. Share this page with your family and friends so that they can support your fundraising efforts and your team’s fundraising goal.
Join to Fundraise Only
If you can’t make it to Philadelphia, you have the option to participate virtually in RFA fundraising. Make this a traditional fundraiser or think outside the box, and create a unique challenge or event that feels good to you. From 2020-2022, we held the RFA Virtual Challenge, and our community got super creative, finding unique ways to raise money and encourage support from their community. Challengers ran their own local 5Ks, rode bicycles, and some even painted and sang for donations. While we will miss seeing you in person, we want you to have fun with RFA fundraising. An awards ceremony will be held to recognize your efforts and celebrate Desmoid Tumor Awareness Month!